A list of some of the things that I use a lot.
- Web app– Hootsuite Makes it possible to tweet, post to Facebook, linked in etc IN ADVANCE so I can batch that work.
- Entertainment thing-y– Tivo Makes it possible for me to stay sane. Seriously probably my favorite thing on earth. THING. I said THING.
- Restaurant– Bluebird Tavern, I Love Sue, the food, the drinks, and that my lazy ass can walk from my parking lot.
- iPhone app– words with friends. I suck, you will beat me, but I will not quit it.
- Humor blog– Notes From a Hack. Bachelor recaps, writes for Tosh.O, I stalked him until he let me buy him dinner in LA
- Parenting blog– Catherine Newman. Sure it has cooking. But it also has parenting. The best kind of parenting.
- Tech blog– I should have one, but I feel like I am slogging through them all. Am I in the wrong field or are tech- folks just not great bloggers.
- Blog that tells it like I want it to be. The Altucher Confidential. No Bullshit, poker, business, social media, websites, yoga, divorce, parenting.
- TV show – The Good Wife– Legal battles, great writing, subtle performances, that guy from Don’t Tell Mom the babysitter’s dead.
- Kitchen thing– Soda stream, I don’t even like Seltzer and it still is rad.
- Class– Parenting On Track. You’ve heard me talk about it. Now sign up and make your life better.
- Building – That old Detroit Railroad Station. See below.
- Wood for interiors– Douglas Fir. Clear Vertical Grains. So warm, so willing.
- Performance that I read about– The Bus , in Kansas.
- Performance that I attended (you already know I’m a dork right?) – Guster at the waterfront Pavillion thing in Boston
- Kids thing– Challenger Soccer program. Returning to Shelburne in late June. But sadly without Alex Goodland.
- Brit– Alex Goodland
- Pot luck contribution– Jodi Whalen (of August First) something savory and slightly Indian Balls. Whatever they were we need to be able to buy them at her bakery so tell her I told you so.
The following two tabs change content below.
Anna Rosenblum Palmer is a freelance writer based in Denver, CO. She writes about sex, parenting, cat pee, bi-polar disorder and the NFL; all things inextricably intertwined with her mental health. In her free time she teaches her boys creative swear words, seeks the last missing puzzle piece and thinks deeply about how she is not exercising. Her writing can be found on Babble, Parent.co, Great Moments in Parenting, Ravishly, Good Men Project, Sammiches and Psych Meds, Playpen, Crazy Good Parent, and YourTango. She also does a fair amount of navel gazing on her own blog at annarosenblumpalmer.com.